• Brick House - Museum Office

    Constructed in the early 1830s, the Brick House is home to the Cobblestone Society’s office, resource center/research library, and the George W. Zeis Upper Gallery.…

    Read more
  • Childs Universalist Church

    In 1833, the First Universalist Society was organized at Fairhaven (now Childs) and a building committee consisting of John Proctor, Joseph Billings, and William W.…

    Read more
  • District No. 5 Schoolhouse

    The parcel of land on which the cobblestone schoolhouse sits was purchased by John Proctor in 1847 for $50. Under the supervision of William Jenks…

    Read more
  • Farmer's Hall

    Constructed in 1855, this building served as a Universalist Church for several decades. In the 1870s, the German Lutherans became owners of the building and…

    Read more
  • Hill's Print Shop

    It is believed that this building, constructed in the Second Empire style, was built by William Hedley of Medina in the 1870s. Hedley purchased land…

    Read more
  • Peters' Harness Shop

    This building was constructed in 1838 by Starr Chester, a cobbler from Gaines, serving as his shop until 1880. Three years later on May 21,…

    Read more
  • Used Book Sale

    Used in Hamlin, NY as a voting booth, this building houses the museum’s used book sale.

    Read more
  • Vagg's Blacksmith Shop

    Purchased by John Simmons from John Proctor in 1839, the small parcel of land on the southwest corner of the intersection at Fair Haven hosts…

    Read more
  • Ward House

    No written records survive regarding the Ward House; however it is believed to have been constructed around 1840 under the direction of John Proctor. What…

    Read more
©2016 The Cobblestone Society Museum - All Rights Reserved