Instructor Judy Larkin will teach you the technique of making a Cathedral Window quilt square. After it is completed, the raw square can be used to enhance another sewn project, or can be repeated to make any project from a pillow case to a quilt, table toppers, wall hangings, or it can be appliqued on its own as an accent. The possibilities are endless. Class cost is $15.
What you should bring:
• Cloth material – enough material for (4) 10-inch squares, plus seam allowances.
• (4-8) 3-inch raw squares of a contrasting print, no seam allowance needed (4 for the square, 4 optional to finish the points).
• Try to bring higher quality material from a quilt shop, rather than bargain cloth from the chain stores, in case you continue on with your project.
• There will also be a variety of materials and scraps available for those who don’t bring their own.
• Sewing machine (optional) – project can be hand sewn if desired.
• Thread, notions, thimble, heavy duty needles. Pins–any straight pins – but quilt pins preferred (and will be available).
• Hand sewing students will need: Notions, pins, etc. for sewing. Quilt needles. Your instructional segment will take a little longer.